via Most NOTED Posts
Facts on Anatolian Shepherd Dogs
- Anatolians are working dogs that can get up to 150 pounds.
- They have a thick double coat that needs to be brushed 1-2 times a week in warm weather due to excessive shedding.
- They are used to guard livestock and can do so without human commands.
- They are very challenging to own as a pet - They are quite intelligent, but often choose not to follow commands.
- They need heavy socialization if you chose to keep them as pets.
- They also like to roam and travel, so a secure yard, micro-chipping, and tags are necessary.
- On the plus side, these big dogs do well with other pets when socialized as a puppy, and are great with children.
- They like to run, swim, fetch, and chew.
- They live on average to about 10 years old.